Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday- Funday!

Hello-
So it's a Sunday afternoon, and I'm sitting in the living room with my two roommates!  That's right-- it's officially all three of us-- Crystal arrived this Wednesday.  I can remember last winter when we were all collaborating and talking about the possibility of coming here to Brazil.  6 months later, here we are!  It still hits me sometimes with how surreal it is!

On Friday I had my first day of teaching all day without the cooperating teacher there.  Erin was doing literacy testing all day.  It was... good, but exhausting.  I'm still trying to figure out the whole classroom management situation.

This will be a short blog, because I'm headed out to a Japanese festival with some friends.  there is a large population of Japanese in Brazil.  It should be fun! 

I'm doing well, but still trying to find a balance in it all-- learning that I don't need to be perfect, finding out what I need to be mentally, physically, and spiritually healthy, and discovering what I need to do to meet those needs.  It's a challenge everyday, but it's met with victories and learning opportunities.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment